Please click here for a copy of our current prospectus.
Before submitting the enrolment booklet, parents and guardians are encouraged to join one of the school tours to have a look around our school and find out a bit more about St Jerome’s Primary School. These tours run throughout the term and can be booked from our website home page.
An application for enrolment booklet must be completed, as fully as possible, for each child enrolled. An enrolment booklet needs to be completed for both 3 Year Old Kindergarten and 4 Year Old Kindergarten. It is expected that a child will progress from 4 Year Old Kindergarten through to Year 6 at St Jerome’s Primary School unless advised otherwise by parents or guardians.
Send completed enrolment booklet and insert for each child together with a photocopy of the following supporting documents where applicable:
- Birth Certificate,
- Baptism Certificate and Parish Priest Reference,
- Sacramental Certificates,
- AIR Immunisation History Statement,
- Most recent School Reports,
- Most recent NAPLAN Report,
- A copy of Passport and Visa Documentation if applicable,
- A copy of any Family Court order pertaining to the child should also be included.
Send completed enrolment booklet and supporting documents together with a non-refundable application fee of $55 for each application to:
St Jerome’s Primary School
Administration / Secretary
38 Troode Street
LAKE COOGEE WA 6166
The Interview Process
Applications are taken for our 3 Year Old Kindergarten program will not require an interview. If a place is available in our program a letter of offer will be sent.
Applications taken for our 4 Year Old Kindergarten program will require an interview. Enrolment interviews take place with the Principal, children are expected to attend the interview. During the interview with the Principal
- The Catholic /religious focus and priority of the school is outlined.
- The learning/social and any specials needs of the child/ren are discussed.
- Parents/guardians must be prepared to accept the conditions of enrolment fully in respect to each and every child.
Following this interview an offer of enrolment may be made to your child. If this offer is accepted by you a non-refundable payment of $250 per child will be required. This payment will then be credited to your first fee statement.
Enrolment does not automatically follow as a result of an application. Because there are limits to class sizes, children may have to be placed on waiting lists.
Each application for enrolment will be considered individually. The ﬁnal decision on acceptance is at the discretion of the Principal. This policy is reviewed from time to time to reﬂect the directions of the Archbishop/Catholic Education Ofﬁce.
When enrolling a student in Kindergarten or Pre Primary, as per government requirements, parents/carers must provide:
- An Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement, no more than two months old, with a status of ‘up to date’; or
- An AIR Immunisation History Form, no more than six months old, if the child is on a catch up schedule; or
- A valid immunisation certificate issued or declared by the Chief Health Officer.
Where a child’s status is ‘not up to date’ parents/carers can apply for an exemption.
Due to these requirements, there may be some instances where the statement will need to be provided on two occasions.
Request for Information
To request for an application pack to be sent to you, please complete the details below.