St Jerome’s Primary School
has been a part of the City of Cockburn since 1935.
St Jerome’s Primary School was founded by Sisters from the Congregation of St Joseph of the Apparition in 1935. The school began inside the original St. Jerome’s Church, on the corner of Edeline Street and Rockingham Road in Spearwood. Over a period of two years, in 1979 and 1980, St. Jerome’s School moved to its current location in Lake Coogee, on the corner of Troode Street and Rockingham Road.
In 1990 a second stream commenced and in 1991 the school community witnessed the opening of another pre-primary class, developing the school into a triple stream school. The school caters for approximately 600 students from 3 Year Old Kindergarten to Year 6.
Sisters from the Congregation of St Joseph of the Apparition.
Sr Dorothea Smith 1935 - 1940
Sr Canisius Mladinich 1941 - 1955
Sr Marie Louise Barbara 1956
Sr Rose Duckett 1957 - 1966
Sr Alma Carey 1967 - 1968
Sr Finbar Malone 1969 - 1971
Sr Margaret Anne Beech 1972 - 1974
Catholic Education of Western Australia Ltd.
Mr Eric Chidlow 1975 - 1986
Mrs Patsy Runge 1987 - 1994
Mr Martin Loney 1995 - 2000
Mr Tim Emery 2001 - 2011
Mrs Helen O’Toole 2012 - 2020
Mr Chris Cully 2021 -